Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Raindrops on Roses?

I made a list in the back of one of my journals once upon a time and called it "Things I Love." I would write down things that made me happy. I tried to think of things that not everyone might like and that were specific to me. I found this today, looked over it and added some recent things. So here are my raindrops on roses...

  • A clean pair of tight socks
  • Waking up without an alarm clock
  • Flip flops
  • Having painted toe nails
  • Foggy, rainy, cloudy days
  • The smell of clean laundry
  • Being prepared
  • Being punctual
  • Laughter
  • Staying up and sleeping in late
  • Dad’s chipotle/ black bean burritos
  • Clean mountain air
  • diving for a Volleyball
  • Mellaluca’s berry chap stick
  • My last name; Baer
  • Sundays
  • Jokes
  • Down blankets or down anything really
  • Stories from my childhood
  • Singing (especially A’ Capella)
  • Performing in front of large audiences
  • Silver rings
  • Cadavers
  • Yellow/blue personalities
  • Beating boys at things, especially when it annoys them
  • Falling asleep hugging a pillow
  • Electric blankets
  • Guys who can sing bass and have a low speaking voice
  • The sound/ feeling of snow crunching under your feet
  • Being the first person at a red light
  • Crossing things off my Bucket List
  • Having a clean room
  • Black and white pictures
  • Walking faster than everyone else
  • Playing piano with my eyes closed
  • Ultimate Frisbee
  • The color Kelly green
  • Black pens
  • Bass
  • My GPS
  • Accelerating quickly
  • Sleeping without socks
  • Tigers
  • Sharks
  • The kiss at the end of the movie Leap Year
  • Joe’s basement
  • My teeth/ smile
  • The smell of Old Spice, pure sport deodorant
  • My green and yellow sign that says, “Baer Xing Grrrr” that Aaron Carson made for my Birthday
  • Matching really well, like shirt, shoes, purse, earrings, eye shadow, etc…
  • Sour patch watermelons
  • Vanilla tasting anything (especially tootsie rolls)
  • Happy babies
  • The character Jo on Little Women
  • The character Al on Wild Hearts can’t be broken
  • Gilbert Blythe on Anne of Green Gables
  • Running barefoot in the snow
  • Rachelle's sugar cookies
  • Black frames
  • Fake glasses
  • Wearing black
  • Exploring Colorado
  • Graveyards
  • Playing Lava Monster
  • Finding my name in movie credits before the person I'm with finds theirs
  • The texture of Pomegranates 
  • Bridges
Well there you have it. I can almost guarantee that nobody else would have the exact same list as me and that is why I like it. The fun thing is I'm sure that many people have some things in common. That way I can still be different but have fun with others doing the things I love and learning the things they do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment